Hopefully I didn't scare anyone with my last post. I was definitely having a down in the dumps sort of day but God is good and writing that stuff out helped a little. What helped a lot was talking to Jake and of course God.
I think I have figured out a good schedule for us. Though I will have to tweak it again soon. Zeke needs to go for walks at least twice a day so I'll need to fit that in after he's done with all his shots. For now we are practicing walks in our yard. And trying to get him running, etc out there to get some pent-up energy out a few times a day.
I think the new schedule is going to work just fine. The old schedule looked a little like this:
Quiet Time (because the girls wake up WAY TOO early...they look at books in their room)
Straighten up books
Breakfast
Put Jude down for nap (about 15 minutes of my time...but then he sleeps for at least 1.5 hours)
Bible Time
School
Recess
Lunch
Jude's Nap
School
Quiet Time (for the girls)
Free Time (for the girls)
Clean Up (for the girls)
Dinner
Bath
Bed
This schedule left little time for me to do the dishes, laundry, sweep, clean, etc! This is the new schedule:
Quiet Time
Straighten
Breakfast
Dishes/Laundry
Jude's Nap
Bible Time
Chores/Cleaning (the girls are helping me a lot now!)
Free Time
Lunch
Jude's Nap
Quiet Time for Delia while Madie does school
Quiet Time for Madie while Delia does school
Free Time
Straighten
Dinner
Bath
Bed
So this seems to be working. This morning the girls folded the towels and even folded and put away all of their clean clothes! So extremely nice!! While they were folding towels I was sweeping. While they were putting away their clothes I was putting away mine and Jake's. Now they are playing. I think I'm liking this schedule a lot more. It definitely give me more time to do the household things I need to do and still gives me time to do the school things we need to do. And gives us all a little break too.
Day one isn't over yet.....but I'm pretty sure It's going to be a good day. =)
God is good.
I entered these three pictures in a contest for Pediped. The winner (chosen by a panel of judges) wins a $750 gift card to their store. That's A LOT of shoes! You also get to go to Las Vegas for a photo shoot. There are three runners up and this is where I need your help. The three runners up are determined by your votes. The three with the most votes win the runner up spots and their picture used in marketing, etc.
If you'd like to vote click on the links below. All you have to do is click "VOTE" once the picture comes up! You can vote once a day until Oct. 2nd. THANKS!
Delia
Madie
Jude
And...can you believe I've actually posted this much in one week!? YAY!



1 comment:
I was going to leave you a comment on your other post today, when I saw you had written again! This must be a record for you..... :-)
You are smart for doing school when Jude is sleeping. I remember for years I would give the older ones school things to do on their own in the morning while I cleaned, and then saved the school time where I needed to be teaching them for the afternoon, when Nutsy took her longer nap. Jude will grow out of the morning nap first but (hopefully!) will keep the afternoon nap for a couple more years and that is when you can spend one-on-one time with the girls.
I know it can get overwhelming. Many days I sat there at the end of the day and thought, 'What did I do all day?' The house was a mess, we did the minimum in school and dinner wasn't ready. But if I spent a few moments with each child, if I laughed, if I disciplined when I needed to, then the day was a good one.
Someday we will have perfectly clean houses and we will be serving our husbands gourmet meals. That day will be here before we know it and we will miss all this craziness.
I love you Leslie; we need to get together!!
Post a Comment