Friday, February 5

I'm Not A Hippie...But I Play One On T.V...

Whoops...I tried setting this up to post yesterday and for some reason it did not. So here it is...like everything this week one day late :)

Here's a little background on why we went "green".

About two years ago when I was pregnant with Madeline I emailed a friend (E.) of mine who was starting a blog with her sister (S.) about organic products. I asked her about the problems I was having with my skin. You see when I am pregnant I break out horribly. I did with Delia and I was again with Madie. Thankfully my friend, E., told me how the stuff I was using was making things worse. The stuff I was using I thought was okay....considering I had bought it from Trader Joe's...now I'm not knocking TJ's here....I'm just saying...I learned that just because it's from there or any health food store doesn't mean it's "purely organic". So you have to be careful and you have to learn about the ever-growing list of INGREDIENTS TO AVOID...(that will be for another post...)

So shortly after I emailed E., her sister, S. contacted me about a product she had recently used by Suki. She was wondering if I would like to try it out. I of course said "YES!" Not too long later, the package from Suki arrived. I was so excited to use the products. Click here to see what was in the trial kit I got. That night I used the Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser and honestly I can say that I saw a difference almost immediately! It smelled good, felt great and even tasted yummy. My skin started looking better and better every day after. I was hooked and still use it to this day.

So once I became hooked on that I started researching other products and ingredients and began a quest to find and change EVERY single product I was using from chemical-laden to pure and organic loveliness. About 2 years later I've done just that. Now if only I ate more fresh and less processed junk......my next goal for going "green"....we shall see how that goes with this gigantic sweet tooth of mine.

I've posted about my friend's blog a lot actually. If you haven't already...check out Fig+Sage for great information about products that are purely organic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting indeed. Wish I could convince J that we should do the same hehee.

The Talley Family said...

Yes I wish he would too. I'm lucky that Jake is all for it. I'm guessing you do most of the shopping..right? Just tell him if he doesn't like what you're buying then he can start doing the shopping himself. ;)