Wednesday, September 10

The Taco Bell Lady Thinks I'm A Bad Mom...

So yesterday the girlies and I were out and about running errands. It was after 12 when we were on our way back home, but Madeline decided she was hungry again and couldn't wait until we got home (about 15 minutes). So I pulled into a parking lot and fed her. While feeding her I got a brilliant idea.......I'll just get us some Taco Bell and then I won't have to make lunch at home!! Once Madeline was done I drove to Taco Bell. She was happy until I got into the drive-thru line. Just great.....now I'm stuck in line with 4 or 5 cars in front of me and another couple of cars behind me and no way out! She wasn't just fussing here and there either. It was the all out, red-faced, not breathing, I'm freaking out sort of cry. So I reached back and brought her up front with me. At this point I had already ordered and was only two cars away from the window. So I get up to the window and the lady tells me the amount and then notices Madeline in my arms. I had her standing on my lap, facing backwards and she was obviously happy. This was our conversation:

TB Lady: "You should leave your baby here with us."
Me: "Why?"
TB Lady: "Oh, so we can play with her."
Me: "She's only out of her carseat because she was crying. I'm going to go park and put her back in."
TB Lady: "Yeah, oh and she's cute, too."
Me: "I'm going to go park right there."
TB Lady: "Just be careful. Don't let the cops see you."


WHAT?? At first this bugged me, but now I just think it is funny.


the face she made at the Taco Bell Lady...just kidding


No comments: