Remember awhile back when I posted that piece about time and how I finally was going to get back into blogging....blah blah blah....and then I didn't. That was funny. Right? And a bit ironic....don't you think? (Sorry Alanis....I had to)
So anyways I'm "ready" to start again. We moved. Yes it was almost 2 months ago....and yes up until a week ago there were still a few boxes in the house. The house is still a mess. I still need to organize and get ready for the school year. I had originally planned to start earlier this week. But we went to the in-laws cabin for Labor Day (a much needed break!). So I decided to give myself another week to get organized, clean and plan our schedule. Then I got sick. I'm still feeling under the weather and so I'm afraid school is NEVER going to start. Too bad for the kids....WAHOO for me! Okay. I'm kidding. I'm quite excited to start....nerdy right? And my new goal is next week......or maybe the week after that. It depends on how I feel in the next couple of days and how much stuff I actually get done. I'm hoping that all this resting I've been doing will give me enough energy to accomplish my goals.
A lot has happened since the last time I posted.
-Delia celebrated her 6th birthday. And I just realized we NEVER had a family party for her! :( How sad. We had our usual (just the 5 of us) party. Which almost always falls on the same weekend we move.....Ha! Sad. But if family and close friends can't make it on the actual birthday we try to have a little something with them too. Hmmmm. I think we need to plan something.
-Jude celebrated his 1st birthday!!! It was fun and we enjoyed spending the afternoon hanging outside with the family in our BIG (it's half an acre big!) new backyard. He started taking steps a few weeks before his b-day and by the end of his 12 month he was walking everywhere and standing up without help from anything. So much fun!
-We are going to get a dog......SO EXCITED! I've been wanting one for years. And now that we have a big yard (at least for the next few months;)) we have space for one. YAY!
-There are homeless people living across the street in a big greenbelt area. Lovely.....the police know but don't seem to be doing much about it.
-Turkeys also live over there. We see them everyday. At least 9 of them come waddling over and hang out in our yard and the neighbors.
-I like our new house. There are (as always) things I wish were a little different but I can see us living here longer than usual. Like maybe 2 years! Okay. Let's not get too crazy. Let's start low.....say 18months. 2 months down.....;)
That is all I can think of for now. But soon I will be back to blogging more regularly. Seriously. I will.
Jake had to fix something on the computer and now I am no longer able to upload pictures from my camera. I can upload them to the other computer. But I'm not on that computer....so I only have access to pictures that I've taken with my phone and a few from family and friends. This one was taken by Tyler, my BIL. Love the sun flare. =) I"ll hopefully get some more pics up soon.

1 comment:
I just have to tell you again how much I love that photo!
Post a Comment