Friday, February 26

I'm Not A Hippie....But I Wish I Had Dreads...

The Great Hair-Detox of 2008.

Because I didn't already feel stinky enough with the whole armpit detox I decided to detox my hair as well....not necessarily smelly.......but let me tell you....it was not a pretty sight. I didn't leave the house for months! Okay...that's not true but I didn't leave the house unless I had carefully hidden the oilyness from any passerbys.

Bubble and Bee (the same company that makes the Pit Putty) came out with pure castile shampoo not too long after I started using their deodorant. First you wash your hair with the shampoo then you rinse with vinegar and water. The vinegar restores your hair's pH. When you start using the shampoo you will experience a detox period that can last anywhere from a few days to two weeks. For me it was WAY longer. And I realized it was because we had hard water. :( It just wasn't working for me.....though my hair did get rid of all the chemical residue taking up residence in my hair for probably years it just didn't have the shine or luster I was expecting. There are things that can be done to fix the hard water problem....but I just wasn't ready to take the steps and time to fix it.

SIDE NOTE: I hope it doesn't come across like I don't like Bubble & Bee.....cause I do...very much. They are a great little company and the owner is SUPER nice. (and I'm not even getting paid to write this!!;) Anyways, we still buy other products from there and just didn't feel like the two I've mentioned were working for us. :)

So I started washing my hair with the shampoo and conditioner I use for the girls. It worked okay but for such small bottles and all my hair we weren't exactly saving money. So I searched and searched and finally found Aubrey Organics. I LOVE LOVE LOVE their products. They smell delicious and work really really well too. My hair is generally oily and my favorite shampoo of their's is the Green Tee Clarifying Shampoo. We always just use their GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner. Did I mention they smell great? So that is what we use for hair care.....nothing less and nothing more.

Vitacost.com!-Where I buy all of our hair care, deodorant, vitamins, etc. Everything is always sold at warehouse prices.......which means 33%-75% less than retail value. Shipping is always just $4.99 and FAST! I usually get my order in a day or two. :) They have a lot of organic products but like I said before it's very IMPORTANT to read the ingredients to make sure it is truly pure and organic.

Happy Hair Detoxing!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What are we, brain twins or something?? Not only had I almost purchased the same cleaning products that you use now, but I also found the same Aubrey natural shampoo that you use now! Kind of eerie, but very cool. Great minds think alike, right?

PS, we don't have either the cleaning products or the shampoo in the house right now, but I'm working on it.

Thank you for the info, I love it!