Slowly but surely I will catch up on all the things I've been wanting to share.
The first will be about our "camping trip" with Jake's parents (Lee & Sheryl), his brothers (Jon & Chris) and Chris' wife Trisha and their son Seth. I use the term camping loosely because we actually stayed at Jake's parents cabin near Lake Almanor. You see this wasn't just a simple little cabin in the middle of a forest...it was actually a simple little cabin (where my Uncle-in-law Don lives off and on through out the year) in town with cable TV and Internet! It was fun to see everyone and "get away" from our busy lives at home.
We started our journey Thursday after Jake got off of work. Our plan was to head up to our hometown and stay the night and then make the rest of the journey the next morning. This plan worked well. We were able to get to the cabin by lunch time. Jake's parents had been there all week. And the others were to arrive that afternoon.
A short walk from the cabin is a river with an abundance of fish. One of the first things we did was take that short walk and when we first got to the water, Delia was so excited she yelled, "Oh, I didn't remember I was gonna see the lake!!" It was pretty cute. She had a blast and even got her feet wet. There was a large school of fish swimming near a rock which excited the men folk and all they could think or talk about was fishing.
That night I started getting a headache. The really painful kind that usually go away after I've slept for a good amount of time....like I would have before Madeline or in my own bed in my own house. I quickly figured out why I had a headache. I was getting Mastitis...again. Thankfully my sister had reminded me to bring the Mastitix "medicine". This is why I had the headache. As you may have guessed I slept horribly that night, woke with a pounding headache, aches and chills.
After wrestling back and forth with myself I finally caved and took some ibuprofen. It helped for a few hours and then my head started to pound again and my body started to ache. Then I got a fever. Madeline and I took a nap which helped a little but by that evening I was feeling pretty yucky. My fever kept spiking and then going down and then spiking again. It was the worst feeling. All of the sudden my face would feel super hot and my eyes felt like they were burning. I still managed to whoop everyone in a friendly game of MAD GAB though.
That night my fever continued to spike and then go down and then spike again. It was horrible. When I awoke that morning my fever was gone. I took it easy after that. We ate breakfast and then left pretty quickly after that since I wanted to get home....as well as see my new little niece that was born the day before (she's super cute by the way!) .
So that was how my "camping" trip went. If you asked anyone else there you'd probably hear stories about fishing, smores, the river, etc. I did have fun and felt pretty good about 25% of the time.
I did get some pictures the day we got there. I had plans to go exploring and take many more...I suppose that will have to wait until next year. Rather than bombarding the post with pictures, here is a little slide show to bombard you with.
No comments:
Post a Comment