Friday, July 4

3 Years Ago Today

Three years ago at 1 am I woke up with contractions. Jake and I started timing them. I was two days late and I hadn't had any false labor, just lots and lots of braxton hicks contractions...so we were pretty sure this was it. We got to the hospital around 5 am and they admitted me. I think I was dilated to a 2 or 3. My mom, Jake's mom and my sister hopped in the car and started the long drive to SLO (about 6 hours...depending on who you ask and whose driving!). I labored and labored and labored. I had back labor so Jake pushed as hard as he could on my back. It helped tremendously. Around noon or so my mom and everyone got there. At about 2:30 pm I was ready to push. Two hours later Delia was born at 4:38 pm. She weighed 7lbs, 8oz and measured 21 inches long. I honestly can't believe how quickly it has gone by. Are you sure she's three already? When did this happen? My beautiful bald headed blue eyed baby has grown into a gorgeous blue eyed blondie! I'm looking forward to what ever this year will bring and the changes that are bound to happen as my little girl continues to grow. She amazes me everyday...though not always in a good way. This year will likely be a busy one. I plan to start homeschooling her in the Fall. And I'm hoping to enroll her in a dance class or possibly gymastics. I think she would benefit from a class. She needs to interact with other kids...at the moment I'm her best friend....aside from DeeBee of course!



Below is a slideshow of Delia. Starting with pictures of her from birth to now. Enjoy!!

Click to play delias 3rd b-day
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow




Happy Birthday Delia!!

We Love You

No comments: