Monday, January 7

Delia's Favorite Book

Almost two years ago I bought Delia this book:

It is the cutest book I've ever seen and she absolutley loves it. In fact, she loves it so much that

the cover has fallen off


the pages are starting to fall out

and she has the whole thing memorized.

I kept telling myself to buy another one so that when this one finally fell apart completely we would have another copy. I obviously didn't listen... and well I thought I had time. I mean how often does a book fall of the face of the earth? Yes, that's right it has been discontinued. Which means the only way I can get another copy is if I want to shell out a whopping $65.27!!! YES, you heard me right. A book that at one time only cost $9.99 is now over $60.00! I mean seriously, what's a mother to do?

So I have begun searching high and low for this special little book. I've checked Ebay, every bookstore I can think of, everything and still I cannot find it at a reasonable price. I have found two of the four books in this little "series". I'm Parker (less than $8) and I'm Jack (less than $5). Someday I hope to find the other two (I'm Kaitlyn and I'm Zoe), but until then we will continue reading her favorite little book until I'm afraid it disintegrates into nothing.

I have thought about taking the book apart and putting the pages in a sort of scrapbook type of thing. That way it will stay together and at least not become scattered throughout our house never to be seen again. Have any clever ideas?

2 comments:

Jon said...

duct tape and bailing wire will fix it right up, jake and dad can give it a paint job too

The Talley Family said...

Thanks Jon. But I don't think that was the fix I was exactly looking for. I'll keep it in mind if nothing else works.