Thursday, April 24

Delia's Been Tagged

That's right tagged. Let's try to make this as confusing as possible. Jake's cousin's wife's two daughter's tagged Delia in a post on their blog. So anyways I am supposed to ask Delia to tell me 10 unique things about herself. I knew this would be interesting since she's only 2.5.

I just asked her if she could tell me 10 unique things about herself and she politely said no. Since I spend almost every waking moment with the crazy child I think I can come up with 10 unique things about her.

So here it goes:
1. Delia loves oatmeal. Sometimes she will have as many as three bowls full for breakfast. She pretty much eats more than I do.

2. She loves music and dancing. She has rhythm, something we noticed she had by the time she was one. She can hear the beats in songs and clap along at the right time and she has started singing along to some of the CDs we play often. Which leads me to #3...

3. She has an amazing memory. I posted a long time ago about how she has memorized a certain favorite book of hers....well she did it again. I've been taking her to the library and we picked out a few books. Within the week she had them memorized and can basically read the book by herself. The other day I had to go to Rite Aid, we hadn't been there in months and months but she remembered that they had these little tiny miniature cars in the card aisle and asked if she could play with them.

4. She is very observant. When we are driving around town she knows exactly where we are. And if I haven't told her where we are going she can usually guess because she knows where we are. She sees certain things and knows that we are on our way to Jake's work, the grocery store, or the library. She just always knows. We were driving in a parking lot that happened to have the restuarant where we ate weeks before at with Jake's parents. She saw it and said, "Hey, we ate there with Grammy and Grampa!" She doesn't just do this at home either. She knows where things are when we visit family too.

5. She would rather watch other kids play at the park than actually play at the park. Kids tend to scare her and she gets very unsure when in their presence. It certainly makes going to the park interesting. Here we are at the park and she just stands there right next to me, watching the other kids play all around her. I encourage her to go on the slide, she firmly says no. She has never been a fan of the swings so I don't even suggest that. She just watches.

6. She loves HOCKEY! And Jake can be blamed, er I mean thanked for that. Delia's been around hockey since she was in the womb. When Jake had tournaments we were always there and so before she was even born she knew the sounds of hockey. Too bad she hadn't been introduced to the smells of hockey as well. As it was she didn't seem to mind the stench once she finally witnessed a game with all of her senses. Sadly Jake doesn't play as much as he would like since there isn't a league here. They do have an outdoor rink that we try to frequent as often as possible. She absolutley loves it and even has her own little hockey stick (an old one of Jake's that he shortened for her). She can actually hit the puck quite well and she and her daddy enjoy playing together. If there is a game on she will watch most of it with him and even asks every once in a while if there is a game on. Too cute! She loves her daddy.

7. She is a ballerina! Everyday this phrase is stated at least three times. She is constantly changing into this dress or that and dances around while saying, "I am a ballerina!"

8. She loves shoes. At any given time there are at least 8 or so pairs of shoes strewn around our living room. Some of them hers and some of them mine. Her favorites are a red high-heeled pair of mine that have gotten more familiar with her feet than mine. I'm currently trying to teach her to put them away before she gets another pair out.

9. She has become obsessed with her birthday. Yes, it is months away. She flips through magazines and asks, "Can I have this for my birthday?" Or she'll ask about things in the store. The other day we were driving by a car dealership and she asked for a new car! Silly girl!

10. I just asked her what her favorite toy, food, song, etc was and here is what she said:
*toy-Dollhouse
*food-Special treat (what she gets when she goes potty)
*song-Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (but she sings it Twinkle Little Little Star)
*book-"The Great Gracie Chase"
*color-Red
*show-Wonder Pets and Little Einsteins
*animal-Piggy

Delia would like to tag: Soren, Micah and Natalie

1 comment:

Andrea Rooks said...

How fun! It's wonderful and amazing to learn how unique our little growing individuals already are! Natalie is currently trying to type her own answers -- she loves the computer!

Hope all is well :)

(I answered your questions for my name challenge in the comment section on the rookses blog)