I'm reading: The Well-Trained Mind by Susan Wise Bauer, Eat Fat Lose Fat by Sallon Fallon & Mary Enig (pretty much done reading it but I've been researching and finding things so that I can start the diet soon ... hopefully by next week!), Leaving by Karen Kingsbury and Shepherding A Child's Heart by Ted Tripp.
I'm listening to: Madie pretending to read a story ... over and over again! And Delia drawing on the chalk board.
I'm learning: a lot about homeschooling! And I'm super excited about it. =) My eyes are being opened to the different methods of homeschooling. And I'm realizing that there isn't a perfect method. Which is hard because I want to do all or nothing of something. I need to find a balance of options. I think I'm slowly getting there.
I'm watching: nothing new. Jake's been working from home at night and I've been researching curriculum so we haven't been indulging in our usual nightly show. It's been nice. I actually feel like I'm getting more done ... because I am. =)
I'm cooking: beans beans beans. This Friday we are having Supper for 6. It's something we do through our church. Three families get together three times over three or so months. We are hosting this time. I'm planning our menu and looking forward to spending time with these two great families.
I'm buying: presents. I have a problem. I am obsessed with Excel spreadsheets. I know I know! NERD ALERT! So the other day I made an excel spreadsheet with everyones (extended family included) birthdays. I'm always sending birthday presents or cards late and I HATE it. So hopefully this will help me be on time. So anyways Zulily.com (great deals!) had a few things I couldn't resist for a few of my nephews and neices and my own children too. I even got a couple of Christmas presents for the girls. =)
I'm thankful for: my husband. Last week I was not feeling well because of allergies and he was able to come home and help quite a bit! Thanks JAKE!
I'm creating: more spreadsheets....
I'm praying: for Jake's cousin Don. Don is in the hospital with pneumonia. He's on the mend! YAY!
I'm planning: to get this house in tip top shape before company comes Friday. And hopefully to get this school room organized!
I'm looking forward to: Friday with friends, the possibility of my mom coming this weekend and an IKEA trip on Saturday. We are hopefully going to figure out how to make our kitchen more kitchen-like. =)
A picture to share:
Sept. 2011

1 comment:
Hah, I love the photo!
And do you have a way of reminding your self with Excel when the birthdays are? I have them on a calendar, but will see that tomorrow is someones birthday, and realize it's too late to send a card.
Ikea sounds fun!
Post a Comment