Monday, April 16

I'm thinking: that I need to figure out a bunch of activities for the kids otherwise this Summer is going to be really boring for everyone. I'll be busy with the new baby and with the amount of "We're bored!" and "What can we do?" statements being asked it's going to be a long Summer!

I'm reading: Eat Fat Lose Fat by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig and a bunch of various homeschooling books and a few sprouted cooking books.
I'm listening to: the birds chirping outside, Jake typing on his computer (he's home today because I'm sick), and bored complaints from my daughters.
I'm learning: a lot about eating healthfully and can't wait to start my new "diet".
I'm watching: We've started watching Bleak House as suggested by a dear friend. We also recently watched the first episode of Great Expectations ... having not read the book before it was NOT what I had expected but I like it.
I'm cooking: cooking ... what's that? The usual. I know that a bigger kitchen wouldn't solve ALL of my problems (because I have a lot of other problems ...) but it would solve some of my cooking problems. This little bitty cramped kitchen of mine offers NO inspiration or motivation. There is just simply NO room ... and I HATE it ... Yes, I said it ... HATE! Sure there are a few things I like ... okay maybe not. Jake and I have talked about it though and we are planning on making it work. We are brainstorming ideas to make it a more usable space. I just hope we can figure it all out before the middle of July.
I'm buying: lots of coconut products, desiccated liver capsules ... yes liver capsules, kombucha, hopefully a grain mill soon! and other various things.
I'm thankful for: my husband who can stay home every once in awhile if I"m feeling sickly and help take care of the kids.
I'm creating: a well organized school room/play room/office.
I'm praying: for this sweet baby to be healthy and continue to grow.
I'm planning: to buy some sort of curriculum for Madeline next year. Otherwise I'm afraid I won't get much done with her between Delia being in 2nd grade, a newborn and a 2 year old. If I don't have something scheduled out for me she'll be in preschool FOREVER! ;)
I'm looking forward to: this week of warm, sunny weather.
A picture to share:

I'll take a tuna sandwich, please. Hold the relish.

Did I mention we got a kitten a few months ago??
Her name is Ruby the Ditty.



2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Oh my goodness, I love that photo of Ruby! And your caption is hilarious.

I want to talk to you more about sprouting sometime, and that book by Sally Fallon looks interesting.

And I hope you feel better soon!

Charlotte said...

Oh my goodness, I love that photo of Ruby! And your caption is hilarious.

I want to talk to you more about sprouting sometime, and that book by Sally Fallon looks interesting.

And I hope you feel better soon!