Tuesday, December 18

Just a Few Pictures

We finally had some family pictures taken. Something we have not done since...well our wedding. And that was back when it was just the two of us and now that we are almost a family of four...it's about time! They are also our Christmas pictures. We were in Willows visiting our family and took the short drive to Chico to visit the nice people at Picture People in the mall. Delia hadn't taken a nap and yes you guessed it our appointment was scheduled for 2:50. Right smack in the middle of her nap. She slept for the short drive and when we arrived it was time to change her clothes, fix her hair, clean her up, etc (which we did in the car). Not easy with a screaming, back-arching, 25 pound toddler in your lap (or rather Jake's lap). People were staring. So with her in a fowl mood we made our way to the photo place. She only cooperated if Jake or I were holding her. She didn't want much to do with anything. We ended up with three shots that we liked. You can't tell, but the ones of her we are sitting right there beside her.

I've learned my lesson. Next time I'll make the appointment for earlier or try taking them myself. Here are the pictures that turned out.












I really like the pictures but I feel like they didn't capture the real Delia. My sister, her husband Tyler and their son Justus were also there getting pictures. We had them take a few of Delia and Justus together. By this time Delia was her usual self and these shots turned out really great!





The way she loves her cousing makes me excited for her to be a big sister. I think she'll do really well.

No comments: